If you’re looking to stay in one of the best Tucson Resorts and you are also concerned about your impact on the environment, you can choose to visit one of Tucson’s Certified Green Hotels. Fortunately, there are several choices to pick from in the area, including some of the Tucson resorts featured in these pages.
To attain the status of a certified green hotel, the resort must file a worksheet with the Arizona Hotel and Lodging Association detailing the initiatives that have been undertaken to qualify for this green designation. If they are able to obtain enough points to meet the qualification standards they are awarded the certified green status and can display the logo on their website and at the resort. Furthermore, the resort must continue its green efforts by showing an active “initiative of sustainability improvements” in order for the resort to be re-certified in the future.
There are various products and procedures that a hotel must follow to qualify for the certified green status, and some of these include the following:
- Allowing guests to opt out of daily housekeeping in their room.
- Using non-toxic cleaners and detergents.
- Installing energy efficient appliances, light bulbs, showerheads and faucets, toilets, and windows.
- Utilizing native landscaping that requires less water and chemical pesticides.
- Using locally grown fruits and vegetables and locally raised livestock.
- Forming a green task force that plans and monitors the hotel’s sustainable programs.
- Using solar for either heating water or producing energy.
The following Tucson Resorts qualify for the Certified Green status: