Some of the best deals on a Tucson Resort will be found in the heat of the summer. Almost all area hotels and resorts in Tucson run some kind of a summer special rate or deal in order to entice travelers to visit when temperatures rise and visitors generally stay away. To be sure, it is hot in Tucson in the middle of summer. However, it’s still a great time to visit the area and our summer specials page has been updated for this coming summer.
The summer mornings in Tucson are quite spectacular, especially if your resort has easy access to hiking trails. Sunrise comes early and the desert is alive with lots of creatures. The temperatures are quite pleasant at this time of day and you can see quite a bit before the heat drives you inside to the spa or poolside for a relaxing dip. The sunsets are fantastic in Tucson, and once the sun goes down the temperature again becomes reasonable.
If the heat of the valley floor becomes too hot during your summer stay, the cool pines at 8,000 feet are just a quick drive up Mt. Lemmon to Summerhaven where temps in the summer are almost always a good 20-25 degrees cooler.
The Tucson summer vacation deals or special summer resort packages will vary from place to place. Some resorts in Tucson offer discounts on your room rate, while others offer some sort of resort credit. You can usually get discounted rates on spa treatments, rounds of golf, free breakfasts or more.
Oftentimes, a Tucson resort will offer family packages in order to get you to bring the entire family to Tucson for a summertime resort holiday. Some of the hotels in Tucson are family friendly resorts, like Starr Pass and the El Conquistador, which features a 143-foot water slide that will keep you cool in the hottest of Tucson summer days. Tanque Verde Ranch also offers some good summer family vacation packages.
Some current summer specials are:
- “Family Fling and Swing” from Starr Pass.
- “Summer Stay and Play” at Westward Look.
- “Buy 3 Nights Get 4th Night Free” from the Hilton El Conquistador.
- “I’d Rather be Golfing” at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort.
- Hacienda del Sol offers the “Summer Pamper Package”, the “Summer Rendezvous Package” and the “Summer Mid-Week Get-Away”.
- A host of summer “Hot Deals” at Tanque Verde Ranch.
- “Cool Summer Savings” at Miraval Resort and Spa.
- A “Summer Special” at Tubac Golf Resort.
- Canyon Ranch Resort and Spa offers quite a few specials, some of them centered around summer like the “Tucson Resident Special”, “Right in the Neighborhood” and the “Teachers Break”.